View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 09:37 PM

Install Tiger after using SD2 onto formatted drive

I have a Mac G5 dual 2.5Ghz CPU runnign OSX V 10.3.9 I just backed it up using SuperDuper 2.01 (v76) to an external OWC 120gig Firewire Drive. Now I want to re-format the internal G5 drive and put Tiger on. Then I want to update my G5 to the latest version of Tiger, which I believe is 10.4.3 After all that is done I want to bring back the files I just backed up to the firewire drive, of course excluding the operating system and any other files that are not needed. Can I specify that in SuperDuper? Is there a simple way to make that happen? Before I format this drive, I want to know that I can bring back all my files as is. I do audio and I have soft-synths and sequencing programs with installs and links to libraries on other drives. I want to make sure that after I do all this I will be able to turn on the computer and find everything as it was. Is this possible? If it is, can someone pleas share with me a simple step by step method to make this happen? I've owned this program for about 8 months but this is the frist time I am going to attempt to use it. Thanks in advance for your help.