View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 11:08 AM

where is the scheduled task?

I've just switched over to SuperDuper!, and I like it very much. Just curious about where the schedule task is actually stored. I'm used to seeing scheduled stuff in crontab, but as far as I can tell, that isn't where SuperDuper! puts it. This is as much a unix question as a SD question, I guess.

A second question is a newbie operational one. SuperDuper! preserves modification dates in it's backups. That's nice, but how then can one quickly check to see that a scheduled backup has, in fact, been done? That is, you look at the backup volume, and a backup is sitting there, but it could be one from before SuperDuper! stopped doing backups (for whatever insidious reason that might have occurred). Is there some way to quickly check (yes, I suppose I could go look at the log, or look for a recent file in the backup, but I was hoping for something faster) on it? When I used Carbon Copy Cloner, it dated the backup files with the date the backup was done, so those dates told you when the last backup actually happened.