Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2007, 06:05 AM

Stop whining

"Have waited but now it is getting to the point where I feel that nobody cares about us paying customers here"

OH MY you poor thing, stop whining, it's your own fault. If you just had to get a brand new Mac that came with the new OS and put critical data on it and you don't want to use time machine then do a drag copy for now or go get CCC.

Anyone who has critical data and UPGRADES to a new OS version as soon as it come out is either a nubie or a masochistic. You want to be on the leading edge NOT the bleeding edge. Wait until it gets stable, until a couple of revs come out, that gives the app developers time to get it right and when it comes to BU SW you definately want it right.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:29 PM

Vudutu ... you sound like one of those jackoff Vista users! What do I have to do wait for three years until a jerk like you determines that an OS is "stable"?

Sorry for the rant, but I'm sick and tired of you holier than thou "only a fool would upgrade" types. Get a life
Old 12-13-2007, 11:01 PM

difficultrun

Well, perhaps "Difficult Run" is an appropriate nick, then, and maybe that's why you chose it. Since only a fool WOULD upgrade this soon to a major OS upgrade, if the shoe fits, as they used to say, then wear it. Have a life, thanks, and suppose that Vudutu does too.

P.S. Why do I doubt that you're "sorry for the rant?"

Last edited by TMay; 12-13-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:45 AM

Talking

steveB

As an adult you are responsible for making your own decisions, nobody holds a gun to your head, stop passing the buck and winging and whining.

I have not upgraded to Leopard yet and will not do so until most of the bugs are fixed and I can do a Super ``duper back up, nobody forced me to make that decision it's mine !!! Dave and his team in my view are doing a good job.

I think you need to stop behaving like a spoilt adolescent and a few lessons in good manners and social graces might not go amiss.
When you've found your prog I suggest you go back to your pond.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:09 PM

LOL hardly a Vista user, all Mac, 130+ of them, all still on Tiger, all working and backed up with SuperDuper.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
steveB

As an adult you are responsible for making your own decisions, nobody holds a gun to your head, stop passing the buck and winging and whining.

I have not upgraded to Leopard yet and will not do so until most of the bugs are fixed and I can do a Super ``duper back up, nobody forced me to make that decision it's mine !!! Dave and his team in my view are doing a good job.

I think you need to stop behaving like a spoilt adolescent and a few lessons in good manners and social graces might not go amiss.
When you've found your prog I suggest you go back to your pond.
Erm, go back and re-read my post, I think you've mis-read it.

I setup TM this week for the hell of it, it's pretty good actually, for me at least not at all buggy. It's no replacement for SD! in my opinion as the two are very different, but nonetheless, it's a good wee app. I think I'll be using both in the future.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:47 PM

TMay,

Unlike you, I don't live in fear of upgrading ... I've been using Leopard since day one and have not had any problems. I imagine you'll deem it safe to upgrade sometime around 2013 ...

I certainly don't base my upgrade schedule on whether SD is available or not. I can figure out an adequate backup plan without having to rely on SD.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by difficultrun View Post
TMay,

Unlike you, I don't live in fear of upgrading ... I've been using Leopard since day one and have not had any problems. I imagine you'll deem it safe to upgrade sometime around 2013 ...

I certainly don't base my upgrade schedule on whether SD is available or not. I can figure out an adequate backup plan without having to rely on SD.
dr

First, your last point. Yes, I'm sure you can figure out an alternate backup plan, and have. Good. If everyone would just do that and quit the bitching about SD, I'd probably relax some.

Second, about early adoption, 2013 is a little conservative, but "day one" is pretty foolish, IMO. If you really care, you can see what one Mac user since System/Finder 1.1 (me) said about quick upgrading here:
http://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/s...4814#post14814
I won't point you to the posts here in the last two to seven days from the troubled Leopard users, since you've probably seen them yourself. I'm glad your path has been smooth.

Basically, the pioneers often have arrows in their chests. No reason not to "play" with the latest and greatest, but jeopardize my "real" setup from "day one," no thanks. So.....reasonable people can differ...and so can unreasonable ones.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:11 PM

TMay,

We agree to disagree -- fair enough. My only point is that someone has to lead the pack and take the plunge. I'm willing to take the risk. But I don't think it's fair to call those of us who do take the risk foolish or stupid.

Good luck to you and I do hope that when you do decide to upgrade that you have smooth sailing.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:16 AM

Wink

[QUOTE=steveb;16137]Erm, go back and re-read my post, I think you've mis-read it.

I setup TM this week for the hell of it, it's pretty good actually, for me at least not at all buggy. It's no replacement for SD! in my opinion as the two are very different, but nonetheless, it's a good wee app. I think I'll be using both in the future.[/Q
UOTE]

I don't think I misread you, you misrepresented your thoughts, too cryptic.

However I hope you accept my apology.

bucky