Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 11-15-2007, 10:41 PM

Please Help me...with 3 drives

So i do a ton of photoshoots all the time and need to backup constantly. Ive been manually doing this and it's an enormous pain. I have an internal drive and 3 external drives. when i d/l my images i then put them in the "pictures" folder. What i need to do is have only that "pictures" folder backed up to ALL 3 drives every night. I cannot have any files deleted from any of the external drives...but periodically when my internal drive fills i delete the images from that. I cannot figure out a smooth way for all this to take place. Can someone please help me so that all my photos are backed up every night to all 3 external drives. Thank you so so so much in advance!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Schedule three backups, using "Copy Different" or "Copy Newer" (that way nothing will get deleted), to each of the three destination drives.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:50 PM

but i need only the pictures folder to be backed up to each drives "imaging" folder. i cant figure out a way to get only the "pictures folder" to back up to the "imaging folder" on the drives. theres a "backup user files" but i cant figure out where to tell it which folder i want backed up to the folder i want it backed up to. lol...that sounds kinda confusing i know...but this is really frustrating. i dont know why i cant just point to the folder i want backed up and then point to where it needs to go...or is there a way to do this that i havent found???? by the way thank you for your quick response!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
You can't do that: we copy selected files on a volume to another volume, in the same location as they were on the original. We don't copy "folder-to-different-folder".
Old 11-19-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thydroxylaze View Post
but i need only the pictures folder to be backed up to each drives "imaging" folder. i cant figure out a way to get only the "pictures folder" to back up to the "imaging folder" on the drives.
Chronosync will handle this very very easily. I have a similar set up. SD for system clones and Chronosync for single essential folder/file backup.

I'd also highly suggest a photo management app like Aperture. Aperture allows you to create multiple backup "vaults" of your entire photo library. Frankly, if you have this many photos to store and manage, I can't imagine how you have gotten by without a dedicated management app. And, no, iPhoto will not suffice.

Trust me, it's well worth the expense ... simply to help manage huge collections of hires photos (and I am only an amateur photographer).