Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 06-07-2011, 02:31 PM

SuperDuper! with OS X 10.7 Lion

I just wondered if we can look forward to trouble free operation with SuperDuper! when OS X 10.7 is released next month? Are there any compatibility issues we should be concerned about?

Last edited by ashleykaryl; 06-07-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
To give my standard answer, we won't know until the final bits are ready to go and we've tested with them. And I can't comment in general, because of NDA restrictions.

Our goal with all OS releases is to be ready the same day. We usually succeed (Leopard was an exception due to some last-minute issues)...
Old 06-07-2011, 03:11 PM

Thanks Dave, I understand the difficulty at this stage in giving a more unequivocal answer but it's good to know you are aiming to have SuperDuper! ready on day one.

Like many others of course I have the same question for several pieces of software but SuperDuper! could well be THE most important one if the upgrade process for Lion doesn't work properly or other serious problems emerge soon after. I must admit that a 4 gig download with no install DVD to fall back on does provide a few reasons for concern, so I hope Apple have thought this through properly...
Old 06-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Well, remember, the backup you do before Lion is installed is going to be good (assuming you test it, of course) regardless, since we're fully Snow Leopard compatible.

Before installing any updates, you should always back up your system and test your backup by starting up from it. Then, disconnect the backup drive, put it aside, and do your update...
Old 06-07-2011, 03:57 PM

SuperDuper! users should be reasonably safe if they are sensible but of course there will be legions who just try the upgrade without any backup plan in place and I'll bet many will be let down just by their ISPs on that big download.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykaryl View Post
I must admit that a 4 gig download with no install DVD to fall back on does provide a few reasons for concern, so I hope Apple have thought this through properly...
http://www.tuaw.com/2011/06/07/how-t...ion-boot-disc/
Old 06-08-2011, 02:55 AM

Thanks edalzell, that is very useful to know. I had been under the impression that it would only be possible to access the software via the app store and it would never be possible to burn as a DVD.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykaryl View Post
I just wondered if we can look forward to trouble free operation with SuperDuper! when OS X 10.7 is released next month? Are there any compatibility issues we should be concerned about?
The current publicly available version of SuperDuper! is not Mac OS X 10.7 DP4 compatible.

Martin
Old 06-15-2011, 01:12 AM

any more details?

Martin,

Please share what you know.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2011, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Please do not discuss pre-release, NDA-covered OSes here, people. If you have Lion, you aren't supposed to be talking about it...

Tags
10.7, lion, osx