Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2007, 05:07 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to robmanning
Smile Ideal Super Duper Setup?

Hello,

I recently have had plenty of problems with my 4 yr old G5 which I use to compose music. My Hard Drive did many odd things which I have managed to get sorted.

During this whole frustrating ordeal I got introduced to Super Duper and I have just bought a new external Hard Drive to use as a backup drive, but can anyone recommend a setup to get me really covered?

I currently have G5 Power PC/3 GB RAM with 2 X 160GB Seagate Barracuda drives (7200 RPM, 8MB), one used as Hard Drive and the other as an Audio Drive. I also have a 1TB Lacie Big Disk (e SATA) for my sample libaries.

There are 60GBs free on Audio Drive, 68GBs free on HD, and 798GBs free on Lacie 1TB.

My internal HD appears to have died and I have just purchased a replacement (Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB ST3500630AS SATA-II 16MB Cache).

I want to be able to back up all my composer work and have a bootable backup aswell.

How would you recommend doing this? I am happy to buy more external hard drives, but how many should I get? and is there a make/size/speed that you recommend?

I was thinking about partitioning my Lacie Big Disk and using Super Duper to regularly backup all of my compositions.

Sorry to bombard you with questions, and thanks for all your help,

Dual 2 GHz Power PC G5, 3 GB DDR SDRAM, OSX 10.4.9, Logic Pro 7.2.3, EWQLSO Gold PRO XP, EWQLSC, Kontakt 2, Kontakt Experience, Akoustic Piano, Quantum leap RA.