Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2008, 07:48 PM

Moronic Blog Comments

Jesus...I was never even aware there WERE comments available on the blog until the discussion here today. How I wish I were still unaware.

Went there tonight and read some. What a bunch of complete trash. "Comments" should stay off forever, and IM(not so)HO should never have been turned on. Trash.

I'll comment only on one all-too-common thread in comments to the 1/21 blog entry: people pillorying Dave/Shirt-Pocket for "PR blurbs" and "putting out a phony "PR" date and then not making it", etc. etc. etc.

In case anybody had bothered to READ here in the Forum, Dave stoutly and insistently resisted ANY date prediction whatsoever for weeks. Literally. Finally he made what I'm sure he now sees was the mistake of trying to answer the clamor by fools with too much time on their hands and too little "real" to do for a date with a (reasonable at the time, I'm sure) prediction. Of course, things don't work out, and now look what he gets.

I cite this as only one example of the continued outrageous and mindless chatter. I'll post no further material here as 1) I'm too angry to be reasonable, and 2) For those I am talking to (at?) it will do no good whatsoever.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:33 PM

Do or die.

Hello Dave,

The blog has been shut down and there has been no further word since the note that "we are in a shut down and we are waiting for comment from outside testing." What is the word Dave. Yes, no, or a "week or so".
Please, cut to the quick, is SD going to work with Leopard??? or should "we" all just quietly move on?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Let me put it this way, midnightsun. Yesterday, I took some time to write the press release.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:15 PM

Dave, you truly are a very honourable man! Thank you for everything!

Dale
Old 02-02-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
...Yesterday, I took some time to write the press release.
Ah, that's good news, Dave!!

Surely you wouldn't have taken that step unless you reasonably expected to release the update within the next week or two. And I'd guess you wouldn't have taken the time to write it up unless the "heavy lifting" was finished and you were just waiting for the final beta tester results to trickle in.

BTW, what's the best day of the week to generate the most coverage (and resulting reader viewings) on the Mac-related web sites?

Apple seems to release a lot of stuff on Tuesdays so I guess their PR research has shown that day of the week works best for them. But they are more concerned with national media coverage; thus for instance, probably wouldn't release anything on Super Tuesday ( 5 Feb)...Presidential Primary voting day in the U.S.

Since SuperDuper plays to a smaller audience, I'm curious if you've determined there's a better day. Of course, releasing on a weekend might help to spread out the server load which is apparently about maxed out since you had to turn off the blog comments.

Or do you just release it on the day it's finished without taking any external factors into account?

Last edited by Felix; 02-02-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Administrator

In general, Felix, I don't think it matters.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:50 AM

Blog comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMay View Post
Jesus...I was never even aware there WERE comments available on the blog until the discussion here today. How I wish I were still unaware.
Gotta admit Dave I didn't know you could comment on your blogs. How do I do it once the feature is turned back on? BTW keep up the great work on Super Duper! Take no notice of the "mindless morons" we CAN wait, it'll be well worth the wait.

Jeffus.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Administrator

You just click the comment link at the bottom of the post.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:01 AM

Have your say?

Hi Dave, the tab that says "Have your say"?

Jeffus.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Yes, it switches to that once you click Comments.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 AM

Thumbs up Thanks!

Dave:

It's always darkest just before the dawn. Will await the press release. Everything here is ready to go - all it needs is SuperDuper!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:22 AM

Yes, I'm very excited too. Can we expect to see it today Dave?
Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Administrator

No, not today...
Old 02-01-2008, 11:58 AM

If you have written the press release then you know damn well when you are going to release SD, but the best your can give us, who have been waiting for over three months is "not today" ? You might have a great program, and excellent tech support, but your PR sucks.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Actually, no, I don't "known damn well" when I'm going to release SD, sorry. What possible point would there be to holding back the exact date from you when all it's going to do is generate messages like this, unless -- perhaps -- I don't have an exact date because I could be surprised (as I have been in the past)?

As I've said, we're still waiting on final results from the external testers. But it's quite likely to be soon, and I'm confident enough that I've written the press release.

I'm sorry that you feel our "PR Sucks"... I could just not say anything until the day of release, or give a totally unsatisfying range like "in the first half of 2008", if you'd prefer...