Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2006, 06:33 PM

Question Remote volume mount?

Hey,

I've seen that a lot of threads are discussing the possibility of mounting / un-mounting external drives, but what I can't figure out is if Super Duper! is capable of mounting drives attached to a network mac?

In my household we have two powerbooks and a mac mini. With our previous backup utility, Deja Vu (switched because of the extensive technology behind SD!), we could back up to the same disk through our local network (each night, waking them up by scheduling the energy saver), but is Super Duper! capable of this, or can it be achieved with Shell commands / applescripts?

And one feature that would be cool - if possible at all (utopia, I know) - not only SD! being able to wake a powerbook up before backing up, but also keeping it awake - even with the lid closed, during backup. That would be heaven for a powerbook user. Just leaving it be, go to sleep and let the backup program do the job... (Especially if backing up through Airport! Yum!)

Anyway, I digress... Sorry. Network volume backup - is it / will it be possible?