Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2016, 03:24 PM

Hi Dave. I've got the problem solved. First I discovered a fairly consistent pattern ... the backup worked while I was using the system, but not when I was not using it for awhile. I was able to confirm from the logs the failures seemed to be due to problems connecting to the Synology NAS, which is usually connected when I'm using the system, but periodically gets disconnected (I never had the chance to isolate the causes of the disconnect, but it was probably after the system goes to sleep). Generally, unless I was doing something manual involving the NAS, I'd discover the disconnect when iTunes tried to access it's data stored there. But I have no idea why backup tried connecting to the NAS, since it was involved with the backup. Also, why the problem started happening after using the same setup for quite awhile without this problem.

So, I tried implementing something I've been wanting to do for quite some time. I purchased & installed Mountain. I configured it to prevent the NAS from disconnecting from the Mac, when the Mac went to sleep. The SuperDuper backup has now been performing successfully at 3AM each day for about a week now.

Thanks for your help!

Dave