Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 08-28-2009, 12:04 PM

Success with SD 2.6

This morning I installed v. 2.6 and used it to back up my OS X 10.5.8 MacBook configuration before upgrading to Snow Leopard. Backup went smoothly and so did my trial boot from the backup disk. Kudos to Shirt Pocket for a timely upgrade to Superduper!

Phil
Old 08-28-2009, 02:06 PM

Smile

We upgraded also today and ran the backup. It went smoothly but took a long time to complete. Will upgrade to 10.6 now
Old 08-28-2009, 04:13 PM

Smile If only everything else in life was as easy as SD! This Upgrade ROCKS!!!

Dave,

Saw your Twitt about this Upgrade! That's how I found out!

I launched SD, and checked for Updates! SD Installed itself "like butter", and restarted itself! Amazing!

I clicked on Copy Now after I selected on one of my Existing Schedules! The Smart Update of my 1 Day old Clone was 2 minutes faster than the latest Smart Update. Conclusion: this version has speed improvement!

For a complete confidence, I Restarted from the latest clone that I just made, using this latest version of SD! Again, SUCCESS!!! And while running of that freshest clone, I click on Repair Disk in Disk Utility! My Internal Macintosh HD did not need any Repair! Hey, good news like that is always welcome!

Wish all updates were this smooth!

Also, I haven't been to this Forum in a while -- looks great! Really easy to work with! Reminds me of AppleInsider Forum! Same software behind the scenes? Which one? Just curious!

As I looked at

Tell me about v2.6's New Features!

http://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5597

I saw this:

The most important thing: if you have existing schedules, please delete and recreate them with the new version. The "script driver" has been updated pretty extensively, and you won't benefit from those changes unless you recreate your schedules.

Hopefully others don't overlook that statement! I am looking forward to checking this Forum out again, and learning more from it!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

You were ready on Day 1, along with Snow Leopard! BRAVO!

Be proud, healthy and around forever, Dave!

If only everything else in life was as easy as this SD Upgrade!

A ZILLION THANK YOUs!!!!

P.S. It's the Day 2 of this New Version, 2.6; I recreated my schedules, and on the morning after I am happy to report that they ran flawlessly! What a great feeling of Peace Of Mind! THANK YOU!

Last edited by sdak; 08-29-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdak View Post
I saw this:

The most important thing: if you have existing schedules, please delete and recreate them with the new version. The "script driver" has been updated pretty extensively, and you won't benefit from those changes unless you recreate your schedules.

Hopefully others don't overlook that statement!
Couldn't agree more. Maybe Dave wants to edit that with emphasis on "The most important thing" in red text.