Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2008, 08:04 AM

Bootable Partition and Archive

I just bought a smart drive external enclosure (w/ FW400) and a Samsung 160Gb inside. And I'm using a macbook OSX 10.4.11 with 120 Gb drive.

I plan to use the drive as bootable backup on the road.

So, I tried the Backup all files. And tried to boot it from my external and it works great, although a bit slow at startup ( I guess this is expected to happen?)

So, my questions are:
1. Should I make a partition for my external drive? if so, how much should I spare for the largest one?
2. Does SuperDuper has an option of archiving my big-but-important video and psd files to the 2nd partition (and excluding their folders in the smart update to the main partition)?
3. Is it better if I create partition in my Mac HDD? 1 part for system and application and the rest is for data? Would that configuration make the backup easier and 'safer' when I have to boot from external HD or doing a full restore?