Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2008, 10:48 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave623cat View Post
I have a 500GB Intel iMac running the latest version of Tiger and SuperDuper! and have been using a 500GB LaCie Firewire drive to perform smart backups for over 6 months. Lately, however, the smart backup starts, runs for a bit, and then I get an error message saying there's not enough room on the target volume to continue the backup. There's about 60GB of free space on my source iMac, so I'm confused as to the reason for the lack of room on the target. Until these recent errors, I've run smart backups with much less free space on the source than this and never had these errors. Any insights would be appreciated, as I've had to run full backups erasing the target disc while this has been going on. Thanks!
Same problem here. As I understand the backup (smart) cannot be bigger than the harddrive. I have a 202 GB disk in my macbook and a 202 GB partition on an external USB drive. There´s another for TM. Currently I have 20 GB space on my macbook drive and the backup partition says only 1.7 GB free. Shouldn´t smartbackup just "mirror" the internal drive to the external backup drive???

A bit confusing for me.