Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2007, 09:08 AM

People are reporting problems with CCC's smart-update thing and the integrity of their clones after a few backups. Not to denigrate that developer's efforts, but if you are going to tick the option to erase the target disk before copying, why wouldn't you just use the rock-solid utility provided by your operating system? It's been mentioned in other threads on these forums but I don't think anyone's brought it up in this one: Disk Utility works perfectly well for creating a bootable clone of your startup disk. You will lose the ability to "smart update" your backup, but you can just set it to go before you go off to run an errand or go to sleep. As far as I can tell, there is no difference between using this option and ticking the "erase target disk" option in CCC, except that you already have Disk Utility and have already entrusted the integrity of your data to Apple by installing Leopard.

Just another option to consider. Works well enough for me until Shirt Pocket makes a Leopard-compatible version of SuperDuper! available.