Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2008, 12:53 PM

Copying USER folder

I have an external HD with 2 partitions, 1 with a copy of my internal HD and 1 with a copy of my USER folder. I update the USER folder with smartcopy on a regular basis as a way of backing up my files. Since the USER partition will generally be a more updated folder than the USER folder on the other partition, what's the best way to update the mirrored copy, simply replace the user folder with the new one with drag and drop from one partition to the other??

Secondly, assuming that the mirrored copy is "old" and I have updated the internal hardrive with software updates. At the same time the USER folder has been updated on the partition as is therefore a newer USER folder. Are there any dangers in replacing the older user folder with the newer one since the newer one would reflect whatever software updating might do to it.