Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 01-14-2008, 08:51 AM

Application suggestion

Sorry didn't knew the right place to post, but thought for the sake of a discussion i thought the context of superduper would be the appropriate

Well after the shirt pocket team has investigated and studied the whole time machine process extensively in order to get superduper running fine under leopard and the time machine api is public as far as i know i would have a suggestion for a new programm for the shirt pocket company .

Hows about designing a clean and intuitive interface for the easy time machine usage and get rid of the crazy interstallar theme of recovery )))) What do you think?

best regards k:d
Old 01-14-2008, 08:54 AM

Great idea. Adding a few options not currently in Time Machine would be nice too. Setting a limit as to how much space Time Machine will take up, or how far back it will archive before "rolling off" older stuff, is also something I'd like to see.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
I think there's already an application out there that lets you tweak Time Machine... but in general, this kind of thing is probably best left to Apple. I mean, we'd end up spending a huge amount of time figuring out how to do this, hacking in, being vulnerable to every change they might make, and then if successful, they'd build it into Time Machine, and have a much easier job of it...
Old 01-14-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
I think there's already an application out there that lets you tweak Time Machine... but in general, this kind of thing is probably best left to Apple. I mean, we'd end up spending a huge amount of time figuring out how to do this, hacking in, being vulnerable to every change they might make, and then if successful, they'd build it into Time Machine, and have a much easier job of it...
uhm also true :/ then we have to hope that apple will make the whole thing more "mature" but well its a 1.0. think you are right. wouldnt make much sense to start an optional interface for time machine . thx
Old 01-15-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
I think it depends on what you do with it. And, I certainly wouldn't distribute it as a free app. Sure, Apple could release future functionality and tweaks in another version of Time Machine. It would be the perfect "bundle"/discounted app with a SuperDuper! purchase. Look how long it took for Apple to provide sharing options similar to what "Sharepoints" did for a long time. Surely, you know how your time's best spend though, but you also have to consider that people have the utmost confidence in SuperDuper!, and up front would know that what you do would be well thought out and worth having.