Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2008, 08:09 AM

Raid 1 versus two drives with SuperDuper?

I currently have two 500GB drives set up in my Mac Pro in a Raid 1 array solely to store my photos. In the not too distant future, these drives will be full and I would like to replace them with two 1TB drives. I was planning to set them up in a RAID drive again, but since I have SuperDuper I was wondering if there is an advantage to using it instead of a Raid configuration to copy files from one drive to another. I don't need immediate second-by-second backup. If something catastrophic happens to one drive, is it easier to deal with the situation and access and copy the still working drive if the drives were copied using SuperDuper versus using Raid? (I realize I would lose any files since the last SuperDuper backup).

Thanks!

Peter