Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post

Mount the image and point to the volume, rather than the image file. Does *that* work?
Sorry, not sure what you mean. Do you mean in SD to select "disk image" as the destination, and then, in the Save pop up select the ext drive name without opening it to see the sparse image files? THat can't be because save is greyed out and the save as field has that leftover "idisk backup" that is no longer used and I can't seem to remove. And if I open the ext drive that contains the sparse image files until I select one of them I still have that "idisk backup" in the save as field. So I decided to let it go to idisk backup instead of selecting one of the ones I already had. It just created a new idisk backup sparse image file on the external drive along with the daily, weekly and monthly ones.

I know it does work when I do this the way you mentioned in the earlier posts on this thread. I open my time capsule, then open the drive, then click on the greyed out sparse image file I want, select read/write "sparse image" and save. THis is how I created the sparse image files. IF I do it this way, I even have the name of the sparse image file I just updated still in the choices for destination on the copy page. ANd the "idisk backup" choice is gone. But something happens to it, maybe after I do other backups, always after rebooting, when I lose the other sparse image files and only have "idisk backup" as a choice for destination along with any directly connected external drives, my idisk name and disk image.

I've been trying different things. If I launch the backup from the scheduled copies page, as soon as the backup to my daily, weekly or monthly idisk sparse images are done the destination field in the copy page changes back to "idisk backup".

Right now it is working every time I manually run the scheduled pages COPY NOW. It still doesn't work after rebooting and I won't know if it works for the scheduled copies in the middle of the night until tomorrow.
Any other suggestions?