Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 PM

You are correct. If you change the preference to not remember the drives it does not give me the error msg. BUt that doesn't solve my problem since the backup either from the scheduled copies dialog or loaded onto the SUperDuper! dialog still gets the "failed to mount idisk monthly backup" and doesn't work.

I will have to research this on apple's support site with the time capsule experts. I don't have any problem accessing any of my other external drives. I even now have my imac and air using another external drive connected to the TC for time machine so my MBP can have the whole TC 1TB for itself. I don't really care about the idisk backups anymore. I was just using them as a test to find the problem because they are so small and are finished backing up in 1 minutes or less. This mbp SD backup is the important backup and that can take an hour so it is hard to test that one.

It occurred to me that since I can get often this to work if I just do my Finder trick and open that external drive to show the sparse image files before I run SD, that maybe I could use a copy script or something to access the files at the start of the scheduled backup. I have 0 experience with scripts but would this work? THat is what I unsuccessfully tried to do with automater.