Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2006, 04:18 AM

Arrow SandBox

Hello all, I bought SD yesterday and I made my first sandbox to my Ext.. FireWire drive. Every thing worked just like the manual said !!. This morning I turned on the Mac and listed for the FireWire drive to start making it's noises, so I know it's booting from there. Then, got to the gray screen with the little white Apple and nothing else happened, (Stopped in its tracks.) So I powered down and had a another shot at it, (No Go) so I unpluged the Ext firewire drive and re powered up in to the main OS. So the Question !! I looked for the answer but can not find it in the manual. My Lacie firewire drive says in its own manual allways (eject) before turning off the machine. Does this apply also when shuting down while in Sandbox ? as maybe this is the reason it would not boot up from the Firewire drive. as last night I just selected shut down with out ejecting. and if I should eject before turning off the machine, then I'm back in the main OS and any files written while shutting down will be written to the main OS and not sandbox. I hope this makes sence to all that may know !! thanks a lot for any feed back..

Sorry have found the answer I think.....
You don't need to eject FW drives when you shut down -- that happens automatically.

Last edited by blue9; 03-22-2006 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Found a Answer