Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2008, 05:54 PM

whoops! phantom folders still here

Sorry. Got myself confused, because I was writing this while using the backup drive as my startup. SuperDuper! is once again correctly putting it up at the top of the screen in that case, which the old version couldn't do under Leopard. I got muddled into thinking the other hard drive (the internal HD) was the clone.

OK, here's the deal. The new SuperDuper! does produce a clone that's far quicker to boot than the ones the old version produced under Leopard, and the clones it makes do take their proper position on the screen now. However, there are still phantom folders. I thought at first that SuperDuper! 2.5 knew enough to ignore the previous phantoms and not copy them. Not quite. The phantoms are still there -- three of them: Dev, Home and Net, all empty, none of them aliases now, and all of them at the level of the System and Users folders, as I said -- BUT THEY MIGRATE!

If I have the backup drive as startup, the phantoms show up on the internal drive, which is below it on the desktop. If I restart, booting from the internal drive, the phantoms disappear from there and show up on the backup. Reboot again, and they migrate back.

How weird is that?

So the question remains: Can I kill 'em? And if I kill 'em on whichever drive has 'em at the moment, will the darned things reappear the next time I boot from there?