Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 01-03-2008, 01:21 PM

Blog update please...

Hi Dave,

Been watching the blog daily for an update. Don't want to bug you, but as you can tell you have quite a following and the SD faithful need some love...

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Pretty heads-down finishing things up at present. I think we're still on schedule.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:46 PM

Yes. Love is needed.
I come this forum about 3 times a day looking for love.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcinsf View Post
Hi Dave,

Been watching the blog daily for an update. Don't want to bug you, but as you can tell you have quite a following and the SD faithful need some love...

Thanks in advance.
Now you've gone and done it! Tempting fate.

For the last few days I have been harboring hope that there was significance in the fact that so much time had passed since the last update, that Dave was slaving away in his dark chamber throwing mysterious code together oblivious to time and date, him and his coven being so close to THE DAY. Heh, either that or it was a holiday type season and he was allowing himself, his minions, and his and their families a spate of respite. Still, I have hope that fate may yet be on all our sides.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Sorry, no, no respite. Worked through the holidays, as always.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:38 PM

Thanks for the love Dave

Just back from snowboarding in tahoe in all that white stuff and saw the blog entry. Thanks Dave, hope you feel better.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I think we're still on schedule.
Thanks for all the hard work Dave, but...

Sometimes your replies put me (and I'm sure many others) even more in the dark about what's going on with this update.

What exactly is the "schedule" you think you're still on at this point...

Is it currently "When it's ready", "A few weeks", or still "A week or so"?
Come on, after all these months of waiting and vagueness, if you really are close, isn't it time to get just a little more specific for your many dedicated followers?? Just a little? Should we all just hold tight until after the Keynote?! Anything real Dave?

Please?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Have you read the blog?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:27 PM

Did I read the Blog?! Yes Dave, I read the Blog "a week or so" ago.

I can't believe you still answer post replies with more vague non-sequiturs. So again, does that "schedule" mean an update today? Tomorrow? By Friday? Early next week? Another "week or so" after that?

After all this time and now you being so close to release, you can't just be a little more specific once a time frame has come or gone? This is a very important App for a lot of us, and it's not to much to ask for specifics at this point. After all, most of us paid you money for it.

I don't think anyone is angry at you for not having a Leopard compatible version out quick enough. As paying customers we just want the security of knowing the specifics if at all possible, and its been "a week or so"! So...

Please, do you get it?
Old 01-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Administrator

I really don't think I'm providing you with non-sequiturs. I'm trying as hard as I can to provide you with information, but I cannot give you an exact date because I don't have one.

I've provided you with specifics. I just can't give you a specific date because, frankly, if I had an exact date it would already be out.

We're running down a bug. We were slowed a bit because of Christmas, New Years and a stomach flu. We're trying to finish up as quickly as we can.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:02 AM

rslvid99

(Sigh...I suppose I am again in the "Guard Dog" mode which someone who thinks pretty much like you do accused me of a week or so ago BUT>>>>)

1) If we'd all leave this guy alone, things might go quicker. I'm not privy to their books, but I believe Shirt-Pocket is a less than ten person or so company, one of whom is still giving people here with REAL problems about an average 15 to 60 minute turnaround on answers to their issues (often quicker) while also trying to do his portion of getting the latest and greatest out the door.

2) The current blog (1/3) actually contains the most precise predicted schedule Dave has ever uttered....."hopefully ... a week or so." That phrase is certainly neither a "non sequitur," unless you are trying to create neo-Latin neologisms, nor particularly vague. I think "a week or so" probably means "a week or so." Perhaps English is not your native tongue, and if so, I apologize. And yeah, it has the weasel word "hopefully;" so it may turn into a month or so. I for one am dead certain it won't unless it has to. And if it has to, que sera sera.

I obviously don't get it!

Last edited by TMay; 01-09-2008 at 01:10 AM.