Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2007, 02:42 PM

Using SD for OXServ

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, I've spent the past hour and a bit looking through the forums for posts that might address my questions.

Background:
Last week my client had a OS corruption that ended up in us reinstalling the whole OXServ from scratch and rebuilding the network. Resulting in a few days of down time, I'm now determined to make sure this can not happen again(days of downtime)

My Goal:
I'm looking to create a setup that will clone the OXServ drive once a night, or maybe every 2nd night onto a 2nd drive, so incase our main drive crashes all we need to do is pull out the old drive, toss in the cloned drive and we are back on our way.

What we have:
1 OXServer, 1 Primary internal drive thats 80GB, we received today a 2nd internal 80GB drive to use as a spare.

My questions:
Would it be possible with the 2nd 80GB drive installed into the OXServ, to have our primary drive get cloned to the 2nd drive in a bootable manner?
Or would this cause a problem of sorts? (do I have to clone to a drive in an external USB bay?)
with this setup would we be able to pull out the primary drive, place the 2nd drive into that bay and then boot and continue working as if nothing has changed? or is there potential to loose data? user info? etc?

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered in the past, I wasn't able to find info in regards to my questions on the forum.

thank you for your time and support.