Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2020, 11:44 PM

Unhappy Can't log in to users with Catalina Sandbox SSD

Hey, I'm running Catalina 10.15.3 off an external 1TB SSD on a late 2012 iMac. The internal drive is a SuperDuper! clone that I save changes to about once a week.

Today I created a new Sandbox SSD using SuperDuper! 3.3.1 (v121), using a completely clean and deleted Lacie SSD.

My script is:

Copy [External SSD] to [Sandbox SSD], using shared users and applications.

Everything went fine. Booted up from the new Sandbox SSD and can see all three users (same as the regular external SSD). But whenever I try to log in to one of the users I get the same error; "You are unable to log in to the user account at this time."

The ONLY thing that seemed odd when creating the Sandbox SSD is that "On successful completion" wouldn't let me select "Restart from Sandbox SSD" or Set Sandbox SSD as startup disk." Both options were greyed out.

Would love any thoughts or suggestions.

Last edited by mattocsp; 03-24-2020 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Forgot to add in the detail about "On successful completion"

Tags
catalina, sandbox, ssd