Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2005, 11:33 PM

Question Virtual PC 7.0.1-excluding from BU+general use

I am brand new to Super Duper! I've been using Carbon Copy Cloner and Retrospect Desktop under OS X 10.3.8. on my Aluminum Powerbook G4, 1.33 MHz.
I'm wondering how to handle Microsoft Virtual PC 7.0.1/Windows XP Professional with Super Duper! There should be no problem backing up the Virtual PC application, but my Windows XP Professional disk image is about 10 GB and it changes every time it is run. So, one doesn't want to make incremental backups of a singe 10 GB file that constantly changes. I keep the folder with this disk image at the top file level (same level as Applications folder), instead of in the User Folder or Applications folder, so I can easily exclude it from backups under Retrospect (difficult learning curve). It isn't an issue with Carbon Copy Cloner, since it isn't used for incremental backups.
As a new user of Super Duper!, I really don't know the correct questions to ask.
Could someone please advise me how to use Super Duper! with Windows XP Professional disk image (for Virtual PC)? It will take me a few days to read the entire Super Duper! pdf manual, but a Find doesn't reveal that Virtual PC is mentioned.
THANKS!