Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2010, 12:10 AM

Question Initial backup to USB-connected HD then smart update over the network?

I've got a 1TB external HD that I'm going to use SuperDuper with to back up the 1TB internal HD inside my G5. The external HD normally sits connected to my Mac mini and is accessed over the network. I've got a gigabit network, but transferring 1TB of data using SuperDuper just doesn't seem to be doable within a single day (I put the G5 to sleep at night as it's in the bedroom and puts out too much heat to leave on).

What I want to do is to connect the external HD directly to the G5, get the initial SuperDuper copy done that way, then disconnect it and plug it into the Mac mini and have all subsequent smart updates done over the network.

Will that work? Is there any particular voodoo I have to do to get it to work? Thanks!