Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2005, 07:59 PM

Network Question

Hi,

I know you have had many questions on this issue, but after reading the requisite posts, including "How to update an image?", I still can't figure out how to solve this problem.

I am relatively new to Macs, so bear with me.

I am on Computer A, which is mounting drives from Computer B (B is the server for the entire office). Using A, is it possible to copy the mounted drives from B or any other connected computer onto an external drive, which is connected to A. I am not trying to copy the data to the server.

SuperDuper does not give me the option of choosing the mounted drives, only those that are local to A. Does this mean that I have to install SuperDuper on every computer and move the external drive around to backup all drives? If so, could this problem be avoided if all I wanted was a data backup and not a completely bootable copy.

Thank You for any and all help,
NewtoMacs