Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 07-19-2005, 12:46 PM

Smile What A Great Product!

Dave,

Recently updated to 10.4.1 from 10.3.9 with SuperDuper! holding my hand. Being a newbie at such things (never had partitioned a HD, never created a bootable volume, etc.), I approached this with great trepidation. It could not have been easier!

Here is what I did. Partitioned an OWC FW HD into two volumes cleverly named BU HD 1 and BU HD 2. Using SD!, made a bootable copy of my PowerBook HD (10.3.9) on both BU drives. Installed 10.4 on BU HD 2 using the Apple Update method. Discovered that I wasn't holding my breath since my PB was isolated from potential problems. Got online and purchased SuperDuper!, post haste.

After finding no significant problems with my system, apps or user files running 10.4 on the BU drive, I updated the system on my PowerBook with impunity. How good is that?

I am about to repeat the process with the 10.4.2 update and I'm not even dreading it. If I can do this, (most) anyone can - SuperDuper! and its authors have made this possible. Thanks many times.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Glad to hear things worked out well -- this kind of secure feeling is the whole idea!

And, as you've seen, it really isn't too hard to do, and the skills you're learning will serve you well if things every do go wrong, too!

Congrats!