Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2006, 10:02 AM

Naming Cloned Volumes On External Drives

A number of months ago I had a problem booting from cloned volumes on a couple of external drives. At the time Dave thought that something on my Macs really likes the clones to be named exactly the same as the original volume, so since then all volumes are named exactly the same. (Previously I could name external cloned volumes differently and booting from them was not a problem.)

Unfortunately, this has become something of a nightmare for me... Since all the volumes are named the same I sometimes have trouble figuring out which volume is which. This is coming up again because I recently installed SD! on a couple of Macs that belong to friends and the naming issue was cofusing to them too...

I am wondering if this problem can be solved by an SD! update or if someone can suggest a strategy for keeping things straight?