Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2007, 12:08 PM

Advantage of leapfrogging SD backups?

If the external drive is partitioned, and it's large enough to accommodate two full backups, has anyone found an advantage in scheduling "leapfrog" backups? Say, M-W-F do the backup to backupdrive1, and T-TH-SA do backup to backupdrive2...

The scenarios being...
1. Oh crap, I accidentally deleted the Penske file at 2:30, and SuperDuper just ran at 5pm! It's gone! (Oh, wait, I can go back to the SD backup from yesterday. It's still there! Whew!)

2. Working on an illustrator file... some font I downloaded today corrupts the file and gets duped/backed up in the evening. I discover the corruption the next morning, and then realize the healthy file is in the backup from the day before. Delete the current file, get rid of the offending font, and revert to previously saved file. All is well.

anyway, there are plenty more scenarios... any thoughts on this? Do many of you do this as standard practice?

Thanks