Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 12-02-2007, 01:47 AM

CCC vs SD

Well I didn't want to but since SD didn't work with Leopard I tried Carbon Copy Cloner and it seems stable. I can boot from it and it seems to be working.

Dave, you said it wasn't as fast or accurate. What do you mean by not as accurate? Are you saying it doesn't copy all the files or that it looks as though it copies files but doesn't really. Something else?
Old 12-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Take a look at this post from just a few moments ago.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:25 PM

as of today the bootable backup options are CCC or nothing.

My choice is to use CCC until SD is ready. There may be some problems but a major disaster can be avoided. BTW I do a full backup every time(not incremental) to minimize problems.

"Half a loaf is better than None
Old 12-04-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo151 View Post
as of today the bootable backup options are CCC or nothing.
No, that's not true. Disk Utility works just fine, especially since you don't use SmartUpdate, you do a full backup each time. If that's the case, you've no reason to use a third-party application at all.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justG View Post
No, that's not true. Disk Utility works just fine, especially since you don't use SmartUpdate, you do a full backup each time. If that's the case, you've no reason to use a third-party application at all.
Absolutely correct, but not as practical when you make your living on the machine, and a full backup takes 2.5 hours...
Old 12-04-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvalleau View Post
Absolutely correct, but not as practical when you make your living on the machine, and a full backup takes 2.5 hours...
So, as mentioned in another thread: Just start up DU and go to bed. Me? I'm quite confident to trust TimeMachine. It will get you back to where you may wish to be by booting off the DVD. And I do make my living off my MacBook Pro and eMac.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:08 PM

Boy, I wish I could trust Time Machine. Try making a clone, and having the cloned drive mounted when TM decides it's time for a backup. I've finally given up on TM, after any number of failed backups. (See my comments on MacInTouch, or AMUG.)

Everyone has a different workflow with which he is comfortable. Personally, if I get up at 7AM, and do three hours of intricate, difficult-to-reproduce work, at 10AM I want to make a backup. Your choice may be to say "it's likely that nothing will go wrong for the next 10 hours, when I start my daily backup" then if that works for you, that's great.

"Right" "wrong" and "best" don't apply to workflows.