Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2007, 02:34 PM

OK, did that.

But I don't see anything but descriptions of various problems with SuperDuper! running on Leopard, and an indication that there will be a fix (at least for an issue relating to SD and Time Machine...) in a couple weeks.

In the meantime, and in reference to my specific issue...

Am I correct in assuming that there is no option when backing using my backup to a volume containing a disk image on my local network under Leopard to the slow and cumbersome current approach of writing a new complete backup (rather than an incremental one) to the disk image?

It isn't clear to me from my reading here, but it appears that the non-bootable backup issue might affect a backup straight to an attached drive, but not to an image on a remote volume? In other words, will I be able to restore from my disk image backup made under Leopard and have a functional system?

Since I don't see anything about this in my "few minutes" of reading related forum posts, is there any way for me to currently do an incremental backup under Leopard?

And, finally, what does a Time Machine backup lack that might be provided by SD? (I already understand the issues with backing up to a network volume via Time Machine.)

Thanks,

Dan

QUOTE=davebarnes;16246]Dan,

SuperDuper! does not work correctly under Leopard.
Yes, it does backup every file every time.
And, no, you can not boot from the backup.

Take a few minutes and read many of the earlier topics and you see a lot more about this issue.

,dave[/QUOTE]