Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2005, 07:00 PM

Question How should I start?

I have an 80 Gb hard drive powerbook and a 60 GB external firewire drive. I am using 50 Gb of the internal drive now. I am running 10.2.4. I have been reading the discussions, and have read the user guide. It sounds like I need to first partition my firewire drive so I can make a clone backup, and a smart update. I am confused by the sandbox. I do not want to keep the firewire plugged in all the time. I would like to schedule a backup for once a week. Could someone please suggest my best options. PS-2 weeks ago I ran TechTool and somehow it totally messed up my powerbook-it would not boot. I had to start all over. Fortunately I at least had my user folder backed up. I appreciate all and any responses. Thanks