Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2009, 05:02 PM

Here is as much information I can supply that I think matters ....

MacIntosh HD (250GB)
Capacity: 232.57GB

LaCie Big Disk Extreme Triple (2TB) - WILL NOT BOOT
Capacity: 250GB on the partition with the SD clone
4 GUID Partitions
"Ignore Ownership on this Volume" = unchecked
You have access = system, admin, everyone

LaCie d2 (250GB) - WILL BOOT
Capacity: 232.86GB on the partition with the SD clone
1 APM Partition
"Ignore Ownership on this Volume" = unchecked
You have access = system, admin, everyone
Note: This is the original LaCie that I had that has worked and saved my bacon. I probably had a clone of my internal HDD before Leopard came out and it just continued to update itself though the weekly updates. It was probably a little over 1.5 years ago when I got the HDD and set it up, but I don't remember doing much if anything special because I was new to a Mac so probably I plugged it in via FW800 and then opened SD and said START!

Lacie Rugged HDD (500GB)
2 APM Partitions - WILL NOT BOOT
Capacity: 232.88GB on the partition with the SD clone
2 GUID Partitions - WILL NOT BOOT
Capacity: 250GB on the partition with the SD clone
You have access = Gagel (Me), (unknown), everyone - why wouldn't system and admin not be in the list for this drive ... or does it matter?
Note: After the test this morning when the Rugged would not boot I decided to do another Zero out Data Erase and haven't done anything else to that drive right now. Currently "Ignore Ownership on this Volume" is checked ... can't be sure about it before but I do remember unchecking it one time before, but don't know when it was in all of my attempts. Actually, I just unchecked the "Ignore..." split the drive into 2 APMs and when I clicked on Get Info on the new partitions the "Ignore..." was checked. Then I did the same thing with 2 GUIDs and the "Ignore..." was checked. Not sure why the default is "Ignore..." being checked when I Erase or Partition.

All the HDDs are connected in series through FW800 in the order I have listed on this post (not that I think it matters). The d2 used to be next to the iMac, now it is after the Extreme and will boot up in either location.

As a reply to a previous post I have not tried to go down to FW400, would that matter?