Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2007, 01:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to gryphonent Send a message via AIM to gryphonent
To clarify: Time Machine is no replacement for SuperDuper, because it backs up every hour, is not customizable, and geared to the less-experienced user who tends to loose stuff. Having said that, I rely on SD for backup of my files once a week. I understand there are issues with Leopard, but reading from your blog these issues deal with... Time Machine. What I'd expect from a responsible developer is a working tool I can rely on, however, that tool doesn't have to be perfect in every sense featurewise. I'd be totally happy if SD would work without backing up Time Machine (don't use it anyway). At the moment though it doesn't work at all. And each day that passes without a backup is one day too much. Proper project management would have resulted in a Leopard compatible version immediately after release that does offer the basics and warn users that certain files won't be backed up or that a bootable backup cannot be created. I don't really need all the stuff ShirtPocket seems to work on at the moment according to the blog. I need a simple smart backup of my regular files!

Nuff said on that topic though. I'm testing SmartBackup as I write this and have also found an old license for SynchronizePro (which, funny enough I dumped for SD's ease of use some years ago). Both of which are fully compatible with Leopard.