Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2023, 01:57 PM

Schedules copies have intermittent problem

I have an issue with my scheduled copies. It sounds a lot like this post from Shirt Pocket Watch on Jan 12:

Quote:
v3.7.3 was released to correct two rare problems: both of which had to do with launching scheduled copies.

The first was a weird race condition that caused occasional crashes right at launch, but only with scheduled/scripted copies launched without loading settings. It was strange, we couldn't reproduce it internally, but it happened to a few users and we think we've run it down.
I think my setup is experiencing the "weird race condition" described above.

The instability began on Jan 23 when I updated from SuperDuper! Version 3.7 (126-0b1cb57) to SuperDuper! Version 3.7.5 (131-4cb66b9). At that time I was still using an M1 Mac-mini running macOS Ventura 13.1. Since then I've moved to an M2 Pro Mac mini running macOS Ventura 13.2 and the problem persists.

I've tried a couple of things to try to get to the bottom of it. So far I haven't found a solution.

- recreated scheduled copies
- uninstalled/reinstalled SuperDuper and all of its component pieces

Each time I test the setup, with an artificial scheduled copy time it works but, when I set the real scheduled time, which occurs in the middle of the night, I find that the copy was not successful when I check the following morning...occasionally.

I've watched the issue occur a couple of times:

- SD launches
- the destination/target disk mounts
- the copy operation crashes/does not successfully start
- SD quits
- the destination/target disk does NOT unmount (as it should)

I'd like to fallback to a previous version to see if this issue follows the version but, if anyone has a different suggestion I'm all ears.