Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2015, 02:35 AM

Progress bar not updating

The info in the progress bar window for a SuperDuper run seems to have stopped updating, e.g. time elapsed, files evaluated, files copied, copy speed, GB evaluated, GB copied etc. I am using SD to clone an external USB drive with 1.7 TB of files (mostly iPhoto Libraries) to a second external USB drive, with a Macbook Air OS 10.9. I am about 20% of the way done with this copy. (Both drives are 3 TB Western Digital external bus-powered USB 3 drives, but this older Mac has just USB 2.)

Files do appear to be copied, however, based on Activity Monitor, and periodic checking disk space with Disk Utility (disk space free is slowly shrinking on the target drive). This is likely a ~ 15 hour copy so it would be nicer to be able to watch progress.

I did find out that minimizing that progress bar window and then bringing it back up causes it to immediately update, and then progress to that point is shown. But then it stops updating as before but minimizing it again and bringing it back again, once more causes the info to instantly update, but then stop updating once more.

Any idea what might cause this? Again, from what I can tell, the copy seems to be proceeding, it is just inconvenient to track progress as described above.