Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2008, 02:56 AM

Intel and G4 Leopard experience

Hi Dave;

I had asked you a while back whether I could do a backup from my Intel iMac to my G4 iBook. I notice that some others have made similar inquiries about similar operations, so I thought I would do a bit of sharing.

With Leopard 10.5.2 on both the iMac and the iBook — and after doing a complete backup from the ibook to an external drive! — I summoned up my courage and did a full-on backup from the iMac to the iBook. Everything, top to bottom. I'm happy to report it worked rather nicely, as far as I can determine after restarting the iBook and fooling with it for an hour or so.

There do seem to be a couple minor variations in (I think) a few app Preferences, and one strange but trivial anomaly in Preview, which insists on loading an icon image from an old Adobe program at each iBook startup. It's a minor nuisance, no big deal; I just close the window. But I can't quite figure out how to get rid of it. It shows up each time I restart the iBook, and even throwing away my Preview preferences file didn't fix it.

Any suggestions about this annoyance are very welcome.

Meanwhile, though your mileage may vary, I thought I'd comment that I'm rather pleased with how nicely the full-on backup from Intel iMac to G4 iBook seems to have worked.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Ray